What you need to know in website translations
(Note: Google translate is an option to immediately web translate, but may contain quality issues.)
I can just use Google, right?
To achieve a quality website translation, you need to partner with professional linguists who understand your service or product.
Factors to consider
- How are you hosting your website?
- Are you working in a Content Management System (CMS) or through a website provider like WordPress?
- What is the scope of the project? Do you need the entire site translated or just part of it?
- Are there link outside of your site that need to be translated?
- Does your site have audio and/or video to translate?
- What are the file formats for your website translation?
- Will your translation site be “mirror” of your current site or will it be its own site?
- Is there dynamic content that needs website translation?
- Do you need the site hosted?
- What countries are you targeting?
- And, of course, a full QA of the final site(s) is essential.
These are just some of the items to consider. As you move forward in website translation, it’s critical to communicate with your translation team to set guidance, expectations, and timing.
To summarize, the best way to achieve quality website translation is to work closely with your translations provider firm, set your goals, and execute a plan.
You have questions?
We have answers!
© Copyright Foreign Translations. All Rights Reserved.